Saturday 11 August 2012

Product Review: Nail Rock Nail Art Stickers

Another product review, and this time I'll have to say it was a bit of an impulse buy... I'd seen an advert for Nail Rock nail art stickers in a magazine and thought they looked really cool, so when I saw some in Topshop for £7, I decided to give it a go.

The ones I got were the Spring/Summer 2012 selection, which come with illustrations of cute animals, dolls and various other cute things. If you're familiar with the general Topshop style, it's safe to say that they go with most things you get from there. There are loads of other sorts available which can be found on the website here.

Nail Rock come in a packet like this, with this sheet of cute designs:


















The instructions are relatively simple - buff the nail with a file to remove shine, wipe to remove any old polish and stick on a sticker, tucking behind the nail and removing excess with a file.
The kit comes with a wipe, file and cuticle stick.

I got my Mum to help with mine as I'm awful at using my left hand to do my right nails. Unfortunately, my nails on both hands were really short at the time and we realised we couldn't tuck them under properly. I ended up with nails that looked neat from the front but messy from the back. The instructions seemed easy to follow but just make sure your nails are long enough before you apply the stickers. Mine lasted for a grand total of 2 days, although the packet says 'lasts up to 10 days'.

Anyway, here's a picture of the outcome:




Overall, I'd say I wouldn't buy these again, but if you have long nails then maybe try it once, as it may come out nicer than mine.

Please comment on what you think!

1 comments:

Anthea van den Bergh said... Reply To This Comment

Hi Freya! I also play the violin! What grade are you doing?

Post a Comment